Trouble installing qiime2 after multiple tries - Too long loading

Hi everyone. I am new to qiime2 and working to install it on my PC with Windows 10. I have been waiting on this command to finish running for multiple hours, this isnt the first time: conda env create -n qiime2-2022.11 --file qiime2-2022.11-py38-linux-conda.yml

Here's how I've gotten to this point.

I stopped my first installation due to not understading the written instructions on qiime's website. Then restarted it using this youtube tutorial: How to Install Qiime2 in Windows 10 ?? - YouTube . I installed ubutu, anaconda3, and was able to create an environment and was able to fetch the package from the server using: wget https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2022.11-py38-linux-conda.yml . Creating the package using: 'conda env create -n qiime2-2022.11 --file qiime2-2022.11-py38-linux-conda.yml' has taken hours and the code looks something like this while it runs '(my_env) mkpradozapata@BMLWACMKP01L:~$ conda env create -n qiime2-2022.11 --file qiime2-2022.11-py38-linux-conda.yml
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: /
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.
Examining conflict for contourpy patsy bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata bioconductor-rhtslib r-minqa r-igraph seaborn-base r-purrr r-rcppparallel r-eco' and it slowly cycles thru new packages that it is examining conflicts for. Some go faster than others. Any advice or help would be great. I am going to try this with my at home wifi instead of work, but I have a feeling thats not the issue.

Hi everyone. I am new to qiime2 and working to install it on my PC with Windows 10. I have been waiting on this command to finish running for multiple hours, this isnt the first time. The command I am waiting for is
'conda env create -n qiime2-2022.11 --file qiime2-2022.11-py38-linux-conda.yml'

Here's how I've gotten to this point.
I stopped my first installation due to not understanding the written instructions on qiime's website. Then restarted it using this youtube tutorial: How to Install Qiime2 in Windows 10 ?? - YouTube .

I installed ubutu, anaconda3, and was able to create an environment and was able to fetch the package from the server using
'wget https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2022.11-py38-linux-conda.yml'

Creating the package has taken hours and the code looks something like this while it runs
'(my_env) mkpradozapata@BMLWACMKP01L:~$ conda env create -n qiime2-2022.11 --file qiime2-2022.11-py38-linux-conda.yml
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: /
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages
This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.
Examining conflict for contourpy patsy bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata bioconductor-rhtslib r-minqa r-igraph seaborn-base r-purrr r-rcppparallel r-eco

It slowly cycles thru new packages that its examining conflicts for. Some go faster than others. Any advice or help would be great. I am going to try this with my at home wifi instead of work, but I have a feeling thats not the issue.

Update: I got the code to finish running (I think) but have a laundry list of package conflicts. Took a total of about 4 hours to complete. Ignoring the laundry list when I go to run command
' conda activate qiime2-2022.11'
it says the environment doesn't exist. I confirmed this using 'conda info --envs'

I have a feeling the issue may be because I have tried to install qiime2 and anaconda3 multiple times (maybe the conflict is that the files existed before?) or I screwed up the settings somehow.

I am rewriting my initial post in a better formated version below

Hello Marcela,

Welcome to the forums! :qiime2:

Thank you for your detailed question. Yes, we can help you get Qiime2 installed.

Cool. I've approved all your posts in the queue so you can see and edit all of them.

Want to try a full uninstall and reinstall? We can help with that if you would like.

1 Like

I would love help with this, how can we get this done?

Full uninstall of conda :outbox_tray: :snake:

Here are the official uninstall docs for anaconda.

Here's how I would do it for miniconda. Find the folder in which it is installed. Probably one of these:

/Users/username/miniconda/
/Users/username/miniconda3/

(replace username with your computer account username)

Then remove it: rm -rf /Users/username/miniconda3/

If you see multiple ones of these, remove all of them!

Then restart your computer. (In this case, yes, it actually helps.)

Once the uninstall is done: here's the official guide on how to install Qiime2:
https://docs.qiime2.org/2022.11/install/native/

Thank you for your help. I started this a few weeks ago, but am being limited by my permissions on my work computer and waiting for IT to come back from vacation. I will update you if it works or if I have any other issues.

Thank you for the update.

I've been there. :roll_eyes:

IT is finally back! Thank you! mostly commenting to keep this thread open :slight_smile: Since I still need it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.