There was a problem importing emp-single-end-sequences: emp-single-end-sequences/sequences.fastq.gz is not a(n) FastqGzFormat file: File is uncompressed

Hi everyone,
I am very new to QIIME2 & coding all. I was practicing with moving pictures tutorial in order to get familiar with this but when I tried to import the emp-single-end-sequence using the provided command then it gives an error as output : "There was a problem importing emp-single-end-sequences: emp-single-end-sequences/sequences.fastq.gz is not a(n) FastqGzFormat file: File is uncompressed" . Can anyone please explain how to resolve this error?

Thank you

Hi and Welcome!

By the error itself, seems you have decompressed the sequence files before tryiing the importing step.
Can you describe how you got and processed the sequence files?

Can you try to use gzip tool to compress them again?

Let us know,
Luca

I have processed & downloaded the sequence file using the "wget" option which is also provided on same importing page. I also attached the screenshot of the same page with this reply.

thank you

Hi @avienvironment,
That is the right way, could you please tell the qiime2 version you are using, on what system, and what command are you runnng, please?
Also, could you send a screenshot of the terminal showing the sequence files you are triyng to import, please?
Let see if we can figure out what is going on here !
Cheers
Luca

Hello Luca,
happy to inform you that error has been resolved. First I tried to compressed the file using 'gzip' tool and tried but again error. So this time I tried to download the sequence using "curl" option and this time it worked and importing was done successfully.
I sincerely appreciate your effort & quick response.

thank you

1 Like

Hi,
glad to know the issue is solved and thanks for posting the solution!

Happy Qiiming!
Luca

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.