There is no quality plot in the demux.qzv

There is no quality plot in the demux.qzv. I use the below the commands following the import data and moving picture tutorial.

qiime2@qiime2core2017-2:~$ mkdir qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial
qiime2@qiime2core2017-2:~$ cd qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial
qiime2@qiime2core2017-2:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$ unzip -q casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed.zip
unzip: cannot find or open casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed.zip, casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed.zip.zip or casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed.zip.ZIP.
qiime2@qiime2core2017-2:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$ unzip -q casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed.zip
qiime2@qiime2core2017-2:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$ qiime tools import \

--type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]' \
    --input-path casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed \
    --source-format CasavaOneEightSingleLanePerSampleDirFmt \
    --output-path demux-paired-end.qza
    qiime2@qiime2core2017-2:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$ qiime demux summarize --i-data demux-paired-end.qza --o-visualization demux.qzv
    Saved Visualization to: demux.qzv
    qiime2@qiime2core2017-2:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$

Hi @Muhammad! You’re using QIIME 2 version 2017.2 – you’ll need to upgrade to version 2017.4 and rerun the qiime demux summarize command to get access to the new interactive quality score plots.

1 Like

Thank for the suggestion. I upgrade to the 2017.4 version. This time i got the file quality-plot.html. But there was no plot. I open the html file and show the below information (file:///home/qiime2/.cache/.fr-m7rGxY/20a40871-e2b5-48a7-9642-371b9fd19c8c/data/quality-plot.html).

Click and drag on plot to zoom in. Double click to zoom back out to full size.

Hover over a box to see the parametric seven-number summary of the quality scores at the corresponding position.
Forward Reads
Reverse Reads

These plots were generated using a random sampling of 10,000 out of 1,306,300 sequences without replacement. Outlier quality scores are not shown in box plots for clarity.

Hi @Muhammad, can you please provide the commands that you used to generate and view the plot? Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing?

You should be able to view your visualizations at https://view.qiime2.org, or by running qiime tools view <FILENAME>.qzv on the command line (assuming you aren’t running on a headless server).

Hi I am using the below comand

qiime2@qiime2core2017-4:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$ unzip -q casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed.zip
qiime2@qiime2core2017-4:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$ qiime tools import \

--type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]'
--input-path casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed
--source-format CasavaOneEightSingleLanePerSampleDirFmt
--output-path demux-paired-end.qza
qiime2@qiime2core2017-4:~/qiime2-moving-pictures-tutorial$ qiime demux summarize
--i-data demux-paired-end.qza
--o-visualization demux.qzv
Saved Visualization to: demux.qzv

Once I click the "quality-plot.html" the screen shot is below

Judging from your screenshot, it looks like you are double-clicking demux.qzv, unzipping it (the unzip tool is highlighted in your sidebar), and then you are opening the html files directly. This is not the recommended way of viewing visualizations - please take a look at the demux section of the "Moving Pictures" tutorial for more info on viewing visualizations:

So, as I mentioned in my last message, you should be able to view demux.qzv by opening the file at https://view.qiime2.org, or by running qiime tools view demux.qzv.

1 Like

Thank you very much its work

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.