The numbers in graph do not sort accordingly?

Hello!

I have a problem in viewing my graphs. In most of my visualization outputs, when I graph my samples with variables such as age:
1-d.p.h
10-dph
15-dph
25-dph
90-dph
110-dph
120-d.p.h.

They not seem to sort properly (such as rarefaction curve plots label, group significance, Gneiss). Instead they become:

1-d.p.h
10-dph
110-dph
120-dph
15-dph
25-dph
90-dph

Is there a proper way for me to sort them correctly? This is somehow visually difficult (and makes the graphs kind of less appealing), especially when viewing heatmaps such as from Gneiss when they do not arrange properly in time series fashion and that I cannot see the wave of differential abundance overtime since the later time points get mixed up with the early ones.

Apologies if there's an answer somewhere in the forums. I cannot seem to put the right words to search though I found this Reordering of barcodes? - #7 by thermokarst but I prefer to use a label that's informative from the moment the readers see my graphs and not use placeholders like a single number or letters to sort my samples.

Thanks a lot and I hope you all are stay.

Sincerely,

Hi there @rmbn, you could do something like:

001-dph
010-dph
015-dph
025-dph
090-dph
110-dph
120-dph

1 Like

Thanks a lot @thermokarst! This works.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.