Taxonomic composition gives errors, Archaea rather the bacteria

I am using qiime 2 for taxonomic classification and while extracting seqs (relevant to my primers) from reference data base (SILVE132_99_OTUS) and further downstream analysis with classifier, I only get Archeae in all of the samples. I tried with many things but no success. Do you know why it looks like this? I also run samples that I have run with Qiime 1 last year and gave me the good taxonomic classification, but in qiime 2 they also gave Archaea only. its strange. may be I am missing something or doing something wrong.

urgent help required.

1. qiime feature-classifier extract-reads --i-sequences silva132_99_otus.qza --o-reads ref-seqs.qza --p-f-primer. (my primers) --p-r-primer (my primers)
  2. qiime feature-classifier fit-classifier-naive-bayes --i-reference-reads ref-seqs.qza --i-reference-taxonomy ref-taxonomy.qza --o-classifier classifier.qza --verbose
  3. qiime feature-classifier classify-sklearn --i-classifier classifier.qza --i-reads rep_seqs_97_nonchimeras.qza --o-classification taxonomy.qza --p-n-jobs 16
  4. qiime metadata tabulate --m-input-file taxonomy.qza --o-visualization taxonomy.qzv

regards,

Jawairia

Hi @Jawairia,
Please see this post. It sounds like you have the same issue as the others in that thread.

As a workaround, I recommend A) removing that sequence, B) increase the --p-identity parameter (e.g., to 0.9) for extract-reads, or C) do not do the read extraction (this boosts accuracy by a bit compared to full-length, but it is not a game-changer).

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks, I will do the B do not extract reads. and will see how does it works. and also read the posts.

I will get back once out will be fixed or give new issues.

Best,

Jawairia

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.