I was trying out qiime2 using both Virtualbox and a computer running on Ubuntu. Tried out the moving pictures tutorial using the provided files and some sequence files I have as well. I have two questions regarding this:
- In the Taxonomical Analysis, the moving pictures used Greengenes as classifier. I tried and it worked well. However, when I tried it using silva instead, it runs quite some time until I get an error (picture attached in this thread). I am supposing that this is an issue regarding my memory, however it seems that it only occurs if I use Silva. I am unsure what I might have done wrong since it works with Greengenes and the only part I alter in the script is the classifier file.
- While I run the taxonomical classification script using Silva, I notice that it eats up a large chunk of file space. Since it generates an error, there is no output file. I am unsure how to clear that space up. Seems like it is not stored in my cache. I am just worried in my future analysis that it’ll just eat up spaces that I wouldn’t know where to locate and clear.
My system setting for Virtual box is 8gig memory and 5 processors while my ubuntu computer have 6gig memory and 4processors.
Hoping for some support.
Thank you very much in advance!