SEPP error message when following PICRUST tutorial

Hello Team Picrust,

I am new to Picrust and trying to run the example data set following the commands on https://github.com/picrust/picrust2/wiki/Swapping-in-SEPP-for-read-placement-with-q2-picrust2, but when I run the command - " qiime fragment-insertion sepp --i-representative-sequences mammal_seqs.qza --i-reference-database picrust2_default_sepp_ref.qza --output-dir tutorial_placed_out --p-threads 1 "

This error pops up:

Plugin error from fragment-insertion:

Command ‘[‘run-sepp.sh’, ‘/tmp/qiime2-archive-j0r63x6r/38a5d748-739e-44d1-b547-a35c0c8b8f29/data/dna-sequences.fasta’, ‘q2-fragment-insertion’, ‘-x’, ‘1’, ‘-A’, ‘1000’, ‘-P’, ‘5000’, ‘-a’, ‘/tmp/qiime2-archive-dge6cgsp/2028ee20-c65b-470e-9cf5-80e2b4e28d0d/data/aligned-dna-sequences.fasta’, ‘-t’, ‘/tmp/qiime2-archive-dge6cgsp/2028ee20-c65b-470e-9cf5-80e2b4e28d0d/data/tree.nwk’, ‘-r’, ‘/tmp/qiime2-archive-dge6cgsp/2028ee20-c65b-470e-9cf5-80e2b4e28d0d/data/raxml-info.txt’]’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

What I have been missing? Is it the memory constraint? I am trying to run it on 8GB RAM as QIIME2 pluggin.

Thank you.

Ojasvi

1 Like

Hello again @SciCatalyst,

Note: I have changed the title since this is really a SEPP error, and an error you are getting from QIIME 2, not from PICRUST itself, per se.

I am pinging @gmdouglas since these are tutorial files causing this error, in case he wants to take a look.

Given that these are tutorial files, I agree with you that this is probably a memory error, but you can follow the debugging steps in this forum topic (note the debug and verbose flags) to get more diagnostic details:

let us know what you find!

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt reply @Nicholas_Bokulich.
I tried with what is mentioned in the post you indicated, but I could not see what the actual problem is because I am using the example dataset in this link “https://github.com/picrust/picrust2/wiki/Swapping-in-SEPP-for-read-placement-with-q2-picrust2”.
I will try running it on a system with higher specifications and will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Best,
Ojasvi

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.