Semantic type SampleData does not have a compatible directory format.

hello,when I am using qiime2.2022.2,I am trying to import a manifest file via the following command
qiime tools import --type 'SampleData[PairedEndsequencesWithQuality]' --input-path UC31manifest.tsv --output-path UC31paired_end_demux.qza --input-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33V2
I am receiving the error message blow:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/zlxgroup/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2022.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/q2cli/builtin/tools.py", line 157, in import_data
artifact = qiime2.sdk.Artifact.import_data(type, input_path,
File "/home/zlxgroup/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2022.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py", line 277, in import_data
return cls.from_view(type, view, view_type, provenance_capture,
File "/home/zlxgroup/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2022.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py", line 293, in _from_view
output_dir_fmt = pm.get_directory_format(type)
File "/home/zlxgroup/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2022.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/plugin_manager.py", line 354, in get_directory_format
raise TypeError(
TypeError: Semantic type SampleData[PairedEndsequencesWithQuality] does not have a compatible directory format.

An unexpected error has occurred:

Semantic type SampleData[PairedEndsequencesWithQuality] does not have a compatible directory format.

See above for debug info.
I am fairly new to bioinformatics so if there is any additional information I can provide to help solve this, please let me know! Thank you.

Hello @wwx, it looks like you have a typo. The s in sequences needs to be capitalized. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you very much for you help, It had a new problem when I modified it .
There was a problem importing UC62manifest.tsv:

UC62manifest.tsv is not a(n) PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33V2 file:

Filepath on line 1 and column "forward-absolute-filepath" could not be found ($PWD/rawdata/FCAG4GN-NEWwpx150427C-89-29-B_L1_1.fq) for sample "IBD0003UC2".

this is my part of manifest file

UC62manifest.tsv (4.5 KB)

Hello @wwx, have you manually verified that the file exists in that location?

1 Like

Thank you very much for you help ,but I have question:location which is means the manifest file exists in the PWD folder?
my manifest file and rawdata exist in PWD folder .

Does this specific file "$PWD/rawdata/FCAG4GN-NEWwpx150427C-89-29-B_L1_1.fq" exist? That error message is implying that it doesn't.

1 Like

hello,Thank you very much fou your help , the file "$PWD/raw data/FCAG4GN-NEWwpx150427C-89-29-B_L1_1.fq" exists, I found that I typed the directory name wrong, the problem has been solved, thank you very much for your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.