qiime2 does not recognize classifier as a .qza artifact

Thank you so much for this!

I have a simple issue. I downloaded the .qza file of the classifier I prefer but qiime2 does not recognize the file as a .qza artifact. What can I do to solve this? (I have the final version of QIIME2)

1 Like

Hello @soencel, have you tried redownloading the file? Sometimes things get corrupted during downloads, and this is usually resolved by redownloading. If this does not work, can you please link to the specific file you downloaded? Thank you.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for replying in a short time.

I did try redownloading and I am sure the command is correct. ( qiime feature-classifier classify-sklearn --i-classifier unite_ver9_dynamic_all_25.07.2023-Q2-2023.9.qza --i-reads single-rep-seqs.qza --o-classification unite9-trial-taxonomy.qza)

But it still does not work. I have been trying the unite_ver9_dynamic_all_25.07.2023-Q2-2023.9.qza file (https://github.com/colinbrislawn/unite-train/releases/download/v9.0-v25.07.2023-qiime2-2023.9/unite_ver9_dynamic_all_25.07.2023-Q2-2023.9.qza).

I also tried the other files and qiime2 could not recognize them either. Thanks for you help.

Hi @soencel,
this seems like maybe something is wrong with your qiime2 env.

Lets try one more thing! Lets try an artifact that we know should work!
Can you download any artifact from the moving pictures tutorial: “Moving Pictures” tutorial — QIIME 2 2023.9.2 documentation. And then run qiime tools validate on the artifact.

If it still says that qiime can not recognize them, I would suggest removing your env and re-installing!

2 Likes

It appears that there is an issue with my qiime2 envs. Because files from the tutorial could not be recognized as well.

Thank you so much for the help again, I believe the classifiers will work when I reinstall qiime2!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.