Qiime2 (2018.2.0) vs Qiime 1 (1.9)

Wondering if there are existing documents comparing Qiime1 versus Qiime2 pipelines, including information comparisons of plugins/versions, and input&generated file formats? If not, I’ll be creating my own documents over the next month.

Hi @Nishat_Tasnim, This is something we’ve been planning to do, but haven’t got around to yet. We think this is really important, but it just hasn’t made it to the top of our lists yet. If you do create some of this, we would love to have you post links to your materials in the Community Contributions category of the forum. If you’re interested in doing that, and have any questions as you develop your materials, please don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Sounds great! I am definitely interested in contributing this material. Are there any recommended application for documenting, e.g Jupyter Notebook?

1 Like

Hi @Nishat_Tasnim - no, I think whatever is most convenient to you. A Notebook would be great, but you could also just write up prose and commands in a forum post (see this example) - it is totally up to you! Please let us know if you need a hand with anything! :t_rex:

1 Like

Hi @Nishat_Tasnim,
Not sure if this would be helpful for your task but I came across this document in the forum that I think might be useful for your comparison.
Good luck!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.