qiime tools view in WSL "viewing visualization failed while attempting to open'

Hi,
I'm getting the error message: Viewing visualization failed while attempting to open /tmp/qiime2/ktaylo363/data/70617dfd-b77c-41f4-b136-0b23e6594c46/data/index.html when trying to run the command qiime tools view demux.qzv in the moving pictures tutorial

• Using qiime2 version 2023.5, using linux and conda in WSL

I have searched for the problem on the forum and did find someone had posted about a similar issue and the advice was that it is most likely a wsl configuration issue and to use the webapp (https://view.qiime2.org/) to view visualizations. Just wondering if there is any updated advice on this?

Cheers

Hi @katiataylor, I think this still may be the best advice. I don't use WSL myself, so I've pinged the other moderators to see if someone who has more experience with it than I do has other input.

Generally speaking though, unless you don't have an internet connection, view.qiime2.org is a better tool for viewing QIIME 2 results as it allows you to open multiple results at once (in different browser tabs) and allows for viewing of data provenance.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.