Qiime taxa barplot

Kindly advise as to whether is possible to edit the legend on the barplot for instance i want the legend to include only the phylum?
To try and work on this I ran this 2 scripts
qiime taxa collapse --i-table table.qza --i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza --p-level 6 --o-collapsed-table table-genus.qza
qiime taxa barplot --i-table table-genus.qza --i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza --m-metadata-file metadata5.tsv --o-visualization taxa-bar-genus.qzv
and the error I get is
Plugin error from taxa:

unhashable type: ‘Float64Index’

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-c85lwv1u.log

Thanks for your valued assistance

Regards

Hi @kedi,

It is not possible to do that within QIIME, but you can download the SVG of the legend (see the button toward the top-left of your taxonomy plot), and edit that with software such as Inkscape (which is free) or Adobe Illustrator. (Since SVG is a text-based format, it is also possible to edit that file with a text editor like Atom, but that might be a little trickier).

You should not need to run the qiime taxa collapse step - you should instead pass your table.qza file as the --i-table input to qiime taxa barplot. Does that work for you?

As a side note, I've created an issue to improve this error message to be more informative.

@gregcaporaso

Thanks, will try to edit the file.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.