qiime plugin error

Hi,
I am using qiime2 2020.8 on a cluster to compute permanova and havinr a plugin error. Here is the script below

ml qiime2
mkdir pmaova
qiime diversity beta-group-significance
–i-distance-matrix agNat_atf-distance.qza
–m-metadata-file Map18CMR2.tsv
–m-metadata-column agN_AttF
–p-method permanova
–o-visualization pmaova/agNat_atf-pmova.qzv

Here is the error.

Plugin error from diversity:

couldn’t connect to display “localhost:26.0”

Debug info has been saved to /scratch/local/61896314/qiime2-q2cli-err-h3rk7kou.log
I successfully ran the code and obtained the plot in an earlier attempt but not sure what is the problem now.
Please help. Thanks

Hello @MarcelK,
I believe your problem is that you are in a headless sever and the matplotlib backend is not set up. Greg explains how to fix that issue here: Error converting .qza to .qzv on cluster .

This person’s error was more similar to yours and they said that Gregs solution fixed their issue. Error: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display .

I am not 100% sure that this is the fix but try it and if it doesn’t work let me know and we will try to brainstorm. Activate your qiime2 conda env and then run the env command and share the results. It will give us a better idea of what is happening. :smile:

hope that helps!
Chloe :turtle:

1 Like

Solved! Thanks. Just out of curiosity why is that the qurro visualization file get saved while permanova doesn’t? Before applying your solution I computed and saved a qurro.qzv file and visualized it on the cluster after I loaded ubuntu.
Thanks again

Hello @MarcelK,
I am glad you were able to solve your issue!
I don’t think that can answer your question with the current information I have. If you can post your command involving qurro, and any explanation of your process I will try to answer your question.
Thanks!
Chloe :turtle:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.