Qiime deblur denoise-16S

HI
please help
i ran
qiime deblur denoise-16S \ --i-demultiplexed-seqs demux-filtered.qza \ --p-trim-length 130 --o-representative-sequences rep-seqs.qza \ --o-table table.qza \ --o-stats deblur-stats.qza
And this is the error i got

Error: Got unexpected extra arguments ( --i-demultiplexed-seqs demux-filtered.qza --p-trim-length 130 --o-table table.qza --o-stats deblur-stats.qza)

Hi @kedi!

What version of QIIME 2 are you using (the command qiime info will tell you)? I suspect you are looking at the newer docs which have slightly different commands than your installation.

Thanks!

Hi ebolyen

Thanks for your response,
Im using Python version: 3.5.4
QIIME 2 version: 2017.12.1

Thanks
Kedi

Hey @kedi! You have backslash (\) characters in your command, these are used to tell your shell that you are escaping the next character in the command. In the case of the QIIME 2 documentation, we use that escaping to allow us to split commands across many lines (so, we are escaping newlines). You have two options:

Split across many lines, with the escaping:

qiime deblur denoise-16S \
  --i-demultiplexed-seqs demux-filtered.qza \
  --p-trim-length 130 \
  --o-representative-sequences rep-seqs.qza \
  --o-table table.qza \
  --o-stats deblur-stats.qza

Or, make it all one line, without escaping:

qiime deblur denoise-16S --i-demultiplexed-seqs demux-filtered.qza --p-trim-length 130 --o-representative-sequences rep-seqs.qza --o-table table.qza --o-stats deblur-stats.qza

Hope that helps! :t_rex:

1 Like

Hi Matthew

Thanks a lot, it worked!

Regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.