QIIME 2 paper published in Nature Biotechnology!

Dear community,

We are very pleased to announce that our article describing QIIME 2's potential to power the next phase of the microbiome revolution has been published in Nature Biotechnology (open access paper here).

We would like to thank the many community members who contributed to QIIME 2 directly, and to the forum community for using and providing feedback on QIIME 2. This wouldn't have been possible without your support!

This article is now the definitive citation for QIIME 2 — please be sure to cite this if you use QIIME 2 in your published research.

:qiime2:

34 Likes

Congratulations to all the QIIME2 team! QIIME2 has been extremely helpful to our analyses. Many thanks!

7 Likes

Dear QIIME2 Team,
Heartily congratulations for your achievements and publication of QIIME2 paper in Nature Biotechnology.
Indeed it is very useful pipeline you have created for NGS analysis. I am learner of qiim2. I am thankful to QIIME2 forum for timely support even for smallest query.
Thank you so much and best wishes!

Regards, Bhagwan

7 Likes

Congratulations QIIME2 Team!

I don’t know how I would manage without QIIME2 or without Qiime2 Forum. It is nice to be a part of community where support is near and indeed like @Bhagwan mentioned, even the smallest query are taken into consideration! This makes the use of Qiime2 easy for the beginners as well!

Cheers,
Veera

4 Likes

Congratulations QIIME2 Team!

I started with mothur for 16s analysis, and then switched to qiime2. My personal experience is that qiime2 better fits a person with little knowledge of programming and command lines. qiime2 tutorials are very detailed and worth reading for a few days as the first step. A beginner will never feel lonely and frustrated, since qiime2 forum always provides timely and kind help, which makes me feel my questions and I are always respected no matter how “stupid” they are.

Thank you qiime2 team and congrats to your success!

7 Likes

Congratulations QIIME team, very well deserved. It is a very useful tool.

Best,
Aneth.

5 Likes

Congratulations QIIME2 team!
I am glad your hard work payed off!

Maybe the answer is obvious but:
Shall we cite this new paper when we use QIIME2? I am using the November release of 2018, where it still redirects to citing QIIME “1”.

Again congratulations! Your tool is great and you deserve this recognition!

3 Likes

Yes! Please cite this new paper when you use QIIME 2. The old release you mention came out before we had a pre-print to cite.

2 Likes

Congrats QIIME team your the best…

4 Likes

My congratulations! :sunflower::white_flower::wilted_flower:
We will cite the new version!

4 Likes