Qiime 2 kept said Keemei-verified metadata has error

Dear all,

I am trying to run
qiime feature-table summarize --i-table table.qza --o-visualization table.qzv --m-sample-metadata-file metadata_bactkeemei.tsv

My metadata file is validated by Keemei and it said nothing wrong with the file itself but when I ran the above qiime2 command it kept telling me the below:
There was an issue with loading the file metadata_bactkeemei.tsv as metadata:

Found unrecognized ID column name ‘sample-id group’ while searching for header. The first column name in the header defines the ID column, and must be one of these values:

Case-insensitive: ‘feature id’, ‘feature-id’, ‘featureid’, ‘id’, ‘sample id’, ‘sample-id’, ‘sampleid’

Case-sensitive: ‘#OTU ID’, ‘#OTUID’, ‘#Sample ID’, ‘#SampleID’, ‘sample_name’

NOTE: Metadata files must contain tab-separated values.

There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here: Metadata in QIIME 2 — QIIME 2 2021.4.0 documentation

I am very frustrated with this problems because I don’t see there is an error in my metadata file. Please help and advise what is happening and how to rectify it.

Thank you!

Hi @NGS_MyTACG
Welcome to the forum!
If you will share your metadata file it will help our community to help you =).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.