QIIME 2 available on public galaxy server!

I’m excited to share that QIIME 2 is now accessible through the public Galaxy server, https://cancer.usegalaxy.org! Galaxy is a web-based platform for accessible, reproducible, and scalable biomedical data analyses. This Galaxy server is generously hosted by and maintained by the Goecks Lab, a cancer data science research laboratory at Oregon Health & Science University. There are currently no restrictions on how the server can be used, but the Goecks Lab may need to limit storage and/or compute resources at some point if demand exceeds what they can offer.

This offering results from a collaboration between the QIIME 2 and Galaxy developers, who are both funded in part by the National Cancer Institute’s Informatics Technology for Cancer Research program. Galaxy is also funded by the National Human Genome Research Institute and the National Science Foundation. QIIME 2 is additionally funded by the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative. We thank our funders for making this possible!

If you’d like to learn more about using QIIME 2 through Galaxy, you can refer to the QIIME 2 Cancer Microbiome Intervention Tutorial, which is available as a JupyterBook and a corresponding YouTube course. You can also find written instructions for running the Moving Pictures tutorial through Galaxy in the Multiple Interface edition of the Moving Pictures tutorial. You can learn more about Galaxy through interactive tutorials available via the Galaxy Training Network and can get help using Galaxy on the Galaxy Help Forum.

Enjoy QIIME 2 and Galaxy!
:qiime2: :star2:

22 Likes

Dear Professor Greg Caporaso,
I hope this message finds you in good health and spirits. I wanted to take a moment to express my deepest appreciation for the invaluable assistance you provided in the development of microbiological tools, particularly Qiime2.
With utmost respect and gratitude,
azithro13.

5 Likes

Thanks so much!!! It's a wonderful news and perfect timing for me.

3 Likes

The Qiime2 tools are not listed in the USA Galaxy site, however they are on the Australia site. Could you please have them listed on both sites. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @propolis,
Make sure you are using the correct Galaxy server, Greg has it linked in the beginning of the post above. Using that link I was able to find the qiime2 tools by scrolling down to the bottom of the menu on the left side of the website. I hope this helps!
-Hannah

1 Like

Guess my questions should have been why are the qiime2 tools available at usegalaxy.org.au but are not available at usegalaxy.org? Could someone somewhere have the tools listed on both these sites?

I asked in the Galaxy community if it can be fixed.

2 Likes

Hi @propolis,

We were originally working with the cancer.usegalaxy people to get this functionality up and running and that is where it has stayed!

We definitely not opposed to getting the QIIME2 tools available on usegalaxy.org. So I guess we will see how they respond to @bernt-matthias. Thanks @bernt-matthias for reaching out about that!

1 Like

Someone on this thread might find the following link interesting.

Thanks

2 off-topic replies have been split into a new topic: improving fastq import experience for Galaxy users

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.