The QIIME 2 2021.8 release is now available! Thanks to everyone involved for their hard work!
As a reminder, our next planned QIIME 2 release is scheduled for October, 2021 (QIIME 2 2021.10), but please stay tuned for updates.
Check out the QIIME 2 2021.8 docs for details on installing the latest QIIME 2 release, as well as tutorials and other resources. Get in touch on the QIIME 2 Forum if you run into any issues!
Virtual machine builds will be available sometime within the next week - watch this topic thread for an update!
@adamova created the
SampleData[TrueTargets]Semantic Type, allowing for the output of target metadata from
- @adamova created the
Please update scripts, workflows, etc. as appropriate. Stuck? Reach out here on the forum for help.
Here’s the highlights of the release:
QIIME 2 Framework
@lizgehret updated the
.save()method on the Artifact, Visualization and Metadata classes, that now contains the
extargument, which takes string values as input. Default values (if left blank) for each class are as follows:
Metadata: blank Artifact: .qza Visualization: .qzv
Metadata.save()will now return the filepath (including optional extension), just as Artifact and Visualization classes currently do.
- @Keegan-Evans, @lizgehret, and @ebolyen have added functionality that allows for Semantic Validation in addition to the current format validation. This allows for the validation of data based on the content and expected use of the data. It should help prevent the proliferation of formats (and maybe even allow for future reduction in formats ).
@Keegan-Evans found and fixed a little bug in the normalization routine for
- @Oddant1 and @ebolyen added support for async action execution to the Usage API - sweet!
@ebolyen fixed a in
method.signature.decode_parameters. Thanks for catching this one @John_Chase!
@ChrisKeefe added confirmation for how
from_checksum_format()handles leading-backslash filepaths.
- @lizgehret updated the
@lizgehret updated the OTU Clustering tutorial segment regarding 'Closed Reference Clustering' to accurately reflect the file outputs (one artifact of data type:
FeatureTable[Frequency]and two artifacts of data type:
@lizgehret updated the q2studio installation guide to resolve an
npm installpackage dependency issue that was reported on the QIIME 2 forum.
- @Nicholas_Bokulich updated the Data References page to include the RESCRIPt pre-print citation, slightly adjusted the description and references for the weighted classifiers, and cited the references listed for the unweighted classifiers.
@lizgehret and @Oddant1 updated the Metadata page to include details on
qiime tools cast-metadatafor casting metadata column types directly from the q2cli command line. They also added a full length tutorial on how to use this tool under the Utilities page.
- @andrewsanchez fixed up a few misc typos in the PD tutorial!
@thermokarst added a new command to allow for command block errors:
allow-error. This will be a helpful addition for any docs that should display a command block with an associated error (rather than running a command successfully).
- @lizgehret updated the OTU Clustering tutorial segment regarding 'Closed Reference Clustering' to accurately reflect the file outputs (one artifact of data type:
- @ChrisKeefe documented QIIME 2's decentralized provenance tracking and changes to the format of QIIME 2 archives over time
- @thermokarst updated the details on our workshop request contact information .
@lizgehret and @Oddant1 implemented a new :
qiime tools cast-metadata, which allows users to cast metadata columns to new q2:types (either categorical or numeric) directly through the command line. This will allow users to programmatically override the automatically selected q2:types without resorting to tools like
- @lizgehret and @Oddant1 implemented a new :
@antgonza updated the logic for the
summarizeviz to limit the number of bins when generating histogram plots. This helps reduce the runtime of the viz and memory requirements .
- @antgonza updated the logic for the
@crusher083 made an update to beta correlation:
_visualizer.pypreviously opened up an instance of
plt.Figure()and doesn't close it, consuming memory. They added a line to close the instance and free up memory after saving.
- @ChrisKeefe fixed the for more information within the Adonis docs that was previously broken.
- @crusher083 made an update to beta correlation:
@lizgehret updated the Conda recipe with Python under the run requirements, to ensure compatibility when installing directly through
- @lizgehret updated the Conda recipe with Python under the run requirements, to ensure compatibility when installing directly through
@lizgehret fixed a within the
align_to_tree_mafft_fasttreemethod. Previously, when the
n_threadsargument was set to 'auto', the OMP_NUM_THREADS environment variable would be set to 1 (rather than the max number of threads available on a user's machine). This has been resolved, and now when
n_threadsis set to 'auto', the max number of s are used.
@jwdebelius added a method to filter a phylogenetic so a set of tips match an input feature table. The syntax and outputs are pretty much a cognate of
- @lizgehret fixed a within the
- @adamova added the ability to allow for training against the full dataset!
@qiyunzhu added a new Semantic Type:
FeatureData[BLAST6]. The support for BLAST search result format will be useful to several potential functions within the framework. Many sequence aligners such as BLAST, DIAMOND, VSEARCH, use this layout.
- @qiyunzhu added a new Semantic Type: