q2studio installation

Hi i just try to install q2studio it showed error when npm start after activate the environment
so herewith I have attached the error msg and log file. so do me favor in this regards
npm ERR! Linux 5.0.0-27-generic
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “start”
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm v3.5.2
npm ERR! path /home/trilinga/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! syscall open

npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/trilinga/package.json’
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/trilinga/package.json’
npm ERR! enoent This is most likely not a problem with npm itself
npm ERR! enoent and is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /home/trilinga/npm-debug.log

Thank you for your valuable time

Hi @kulandai1!

I see this all the time when I forget where I am in my console. Based on the error complaining about /home/trilinga/package.json, it looks like you ran the command in your home directory, but did not move into the q2studio directory, which is where the code is to run it.

Let me know if re-running in the right directory fixes it, or if you run into further errors. The process is a bit finicky in other ways as well.

1 Like

Hi ebolyen
Thanks for the quick reply
I had moved to the directory and gave a command npm start again it shows same error
i have attached the log.npm-debug.txt (2.7 KB)
Thank you

Hey @kulandai1, it looks like the log didn’t attach, can you try uploading again?

Hi ebolyen
i have attached the filenpm-debug.txt (2.7 KB)

Hi @kulandai1,

Though longer, that is a better looking error. We are now in the right place, and the right commands are running (even though they are failing).

Is there any chance that the commands that are run before in order to install it (npm install and pip install .) were also run in the wrong directory)?

It shouldn’t hurt anything to rerun anway:

npm install
pip install .

(make sure your QIIME 2 environment is active)

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.