Problems with Importing Data 10/24

Hi,
I'm having trouble importing my data into qiime2. I have downloaded and updated to the latest version of Conda and qiime (2019.7). I have my data in a folder on my desktop, but terminal keeps saying it can't find the files. Then when I think it is working it says "contains a subdirectory" on the 3rd to last sample. All of the samples are ordered in the same fashion so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi Adam,

You will need to do this:

1. You need a manifest file which will be a file with columns" Sample-id, forward-absolute-path, reverse-absolute-path similar to what’s here: https://docs.qiime2.org/2019.7/tutorials/importing/

2. The files unfortunately will have to be copied into a folder. You can try this mv command here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/633945/how-can-i-merge-multiple-directories-into-on

3. Then your command needs to be replaced to: --input-path needs to be /Users/adam/Desktop/Sunflower…/manifest.txt

4. The absolute file paths will be /Users/Adam/desktop/folder/forward.fastq1.fastq.gz, /Users/Adam/desktop/folder/reverse.fastq1.fastq.gz, etc. (and should be in the same ROW, not column)

5. You can see someone with this same issue here: importing paired FASTQ file into qiime had errors. any help?

Ben

2 Likes

Thanks @ben!

One minor correction:

This isn’t strictly necessary, the manifest format is flexible, files can come from many folders.

1 Like

Thanks, I moved everything into one folder because it was easier to create a file with similar absolute paths. Ben

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your help. I moved the files into one folder, which then allowed me to successfully import my data without creating a manifest folder at all. I'm not sure how that worked out, but thank you again for your help!

2 Likes

Great!

Just make sure that these results are as expected. Check the visualization.

Ben

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.