problem with qiime taxa filter-table

hello

I have a problem with taxa filtration
I searched on forum but I don't found the solution.
When I try to filter my tax I have a error message :

(qiime2-2020.2) ar157004:~ admin$ qiime taxa filter-table --i-table /Users/admin/Desktop/16S\ pascal\ Loyer/qiime2_CCK/dada-denoise-table-filtered.qza --i-taxonomy /Users/admin/Desktop/16S\ pascal\ Loyer/qiime2_CCK/whitespace-check/taxonomy_without_space.qza --p-exclude mitochondria,chloroplast,unassigned,euryarchaeota,nanoarchaeaeota,eukaryota,archaea,eukaryota --p-query-delimiter , --o-filtered-table /Users/admin/Desktop/16S\ pascal\ Loyer/qiime2_CCK/dada-denoise-table-full-filtered.qza

Plugin error from taxa:

ids_to_keep must contain at least one ID.

Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/w5/8n5xhp5j7v74jykbpyvpnccr0000gn/T/qiime2-q2cli-err-vb18i7u9.log

this problem is new before with the same version of qiime2 it worked...
can you help me please?

Thanks
sandrine
dada-denoise-table-filtered.qza (16.7 KB)
taxonomy_without_space.qza (127.4 KB)

Hi @sdavid!

Fortunately the issue isn't related to different versions of QIIME 2!

The issue is here, in this step:

It looks like on July 23rd you performed a filter-features command, using metadata.tsv, which filtered out all of the features in your table. Is metadata.tsv sample metadata? If that is the case, then I'm not surprised that the table filtered to empty, since known of the sample IDs would show up as feature IDs.

Go back and revisit that first filter, then you should be set to proceed on to this taxa-based filter.

Keep us posted! :t_rex:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.