Problem importing Demux Merged data

Hi everyone,

I am new to Qiime2 (version -2019.4, conda) and I am having some trouble importing my data. The sequencing facility provided me with demultiplexed merged data (30 samples = 30 files containing merged reads) in fastq.gz format.
I created a manifest.csv with header "sample-id,absolute-filepath,direction" and used the following command:

*qiime tools import *

*--type 'SampleData[JoinedSequencesWithQuality]' *
*--input-path $Absolute-path/manifest_merged4.csv *
*--output-path $Absolutepath/joined-demux.qza *
--input-format SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33

The error I get after running the command is

Regarding the manifest: I checked my manifest file multiple times (e.g. separation by tab, no excessive tabs, filepath within manifest, filenames etc.etc.) and tried to change format of the manifest and files respectively to ".tsv"/".txt" and "fastq". I also tried to change --input-format from "...Phred33" to "...Phred33V2" and then using tabs instead of coma's as separation and removing "direction" from the header. In this case I got this particular error:

Regarding the command, I also tried to change --type from "JoinedSequencesWithQuality" to "SequencesWithQuality", but nothing changed.
I already saw the tutorials about importing manifests and also looked on the Forum for similar questions. Especially the Forum really helped me (the error mentioned above is just the latest one I got).

I would really appreciate some help here. I am definitively missing something here :slight_smile:
Hereby the two manifests I use:
manifest_merged4.csv (4.3 KB)
manifest_merged3.txt (4.0 KB)
Cheers,
Nicholas

Hi @nicholas,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum.

The error message says that it can't find your file. I would double check your filepaths.

Best,
Justine

Hi @jwdebelius,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I already triple checked the filepath. But the files are there (see attached picture).

I was trying to look for typo's, but I can't find anything.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Hi @nicholas,

Could you drag the path for one of the files into your terminal, and show that result and then the matching line in your manifest file?

Best,
Justine

Hi Justine,

I might have found the problem.
In the manifest i write the path with forward slash between “Sequencing” and “data”. When I remove those it doesn’t give me an error untill line 18, where the error is a typo in the file name.
I will correct that and see what happens.

Best,
Nicholas

1 Like

Hi Justine,

IT WORKED!!!
thank you very much.

Best,
Nicholas

1 Like

Hi Justine,

Do you mean like this?

1. path to file in terminal: