The following is an early developer preview of the changes expected in 2019.1 This post is a live-document which will be updated throughout our development cycle. Any links will in this topic will be broken until the release is officially published. When we are ready for release, we’ll copy this changelog and create a new post in the Announcements category.
Important Developer Dates (please keep an on this post, these might change):
- PRs must be submitted by: January 24, 2019
- PRs must be merged by: January 28, 2019
- Repo Freeze and Package Building: January 29, 2019
- Release Day: January 30, 2019
Here’s the highlights of the release:
- @gregcaporaso updated the Atacama tutorial’s paper reference
- @raptorace27, @J1411, tanman987, and jbell-97 teamed up to fix a bug when adding or editing plugins that didn’t check to see if the current editor was also listed as a plugin author. This was important because plugin permissions (in terms of being able to edit the plugin listing) are tied directly to “authorship,” so it was possible for a user to “lock themselves out” of their own plugin! Yikes!
- Updated the plugin citation to reflect the final publication status.