Postdoctoral Research Associate, Obstetrics and Gynecology (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
Direct Application Link: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/3593?c=arizona
Posting Number req3593
Department COM Phx Obstetrics&Gynecology
Department Website Link https://phoenixmed.arizona.edu/
Location Greater Phoenix Area
Address 425 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The laboratory of Dr. Melissa Herbst-Kralovetz, as a part of a translational research program in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, invites applicants to apply for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to contribute as a Postdoctoral Research Associate. The successful candidate will study the microbiota composition, and inflammatory profile as it relates to mucosal homeostasis of the female reproductive tract. The research couples clinical and translational research to advance women’s health. This position allows for the opportunity to work closely within an interdisciplinary and translational research team on a variety of diseases. For more information on the Herbst-Kralovetz laboratory, see http://herbstkralovetzlab.weebly.com/.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study host-microbe interactions as it relates to the female reproductive tract.
- Processing and analyzing clinical specimens for multi-omics analyses.
- Analyze, organize and report data for presentation and publications.
- Provide status reports in the form of laboratory meetings.
- Bioinformatics/biostatistical knowledge and application.
- Participate in grant applications and submit fellowship applications.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- PhD in Microbiology, Virology, Immunology, Bioinformatics or related field of study.
- One to two years of research experience.
- Experience with bacterial culturing techniques and quantification.
- Experience with Microbiome and/or metabolomics analysis (QIIME, R, etc) is highly preferred.
- Experience with Genomic analyses and bioinformatics. * Prior experience working with clinical specimens and databases.
- Prior animal modeling experience.
- Experience with a variety of cell culture methodologies including human cells and experience in microscopy (electron, confocal, phase), BioPlex/ELISA analysis and routine molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in clinical datamining, machine learning or biomarker detection.