"Plugin error from demux"

I am a rookie, hope someone can help me. When I tried to summarize qiime demux, there was a "plugin error from demux".

qiime demux summarize
--i-data trimmed.qza
--o-visualization demultiplexed-seqs.qzv

There is no problem running these codes on a friend's computer. :sob:

Hello @Hanchao-Yu,

Welcome to the forum! :qiime2:

Can you post the full text of the error you got? This will help us look for clue about the cause of the error :mag_right:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply.

*qiime demux summarize *
*> --i-data /mnt/c/Users/touch/Desktop/yhc/trimmed.qza *
> --o-visualization /mnt/c/Users/touch/Desktop/yhc/demultiplexed-seqs.qzv

This is the code that contains the path.

Plugin error from demux:

• [('/mnt/c/Users/touch/Desktop/yhc/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.10/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2templates/templates/assets/css', '/tmp/qiime2-temp-rx7emc5j/q2templateassets/css', "[Errno 22] Invalid argument: '/tmp/qiime2-temp-rx7emc5j/q2templateassets/css'")]*

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-ghwgg9od.log

This is the full text of the error I got.

Thank you for your help.

Interesting! Your command looks good to me. I suspect it may be due to a broken conda environment, and not an issue with your command or input files.

Did you install Qiime2 on your own computer, or are you using it on a cluster or server maintained by someone else?

I would suggest installing Qiime2 again and let me know if you see any error along the way. (This is also a great time to update to the newest version of Qiime2! :qiime2:)

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried but unfortunately the same error occurred again.

I even reinstalled ubuntu and miniconda3 and qiime2 (2019.10 version)(The reason I chose this version is that the latest version may report errors. So I chose the previous version.).

The same code can run successfully on a friend's computer, I just follow the step-by-step instructions he taught me. But it still fails. If it is convenient for you, I can send the file to you and you can view all the codes.

Thank you.

If you would like to post the files on the forums, I can try running them.

This is good!

Can you tell me more about this? The newer versions of Qiime2 should be more stable, include more features, and fixes for bugs. This is the versions I try to use whenever possible.

Can you tell me your email address? I can email you.

Because this command works on your friends computer, it should work on mine too. You don't need to send me the file.

I wonder why it's not working on your computer... :thinking:

Could you try installing Qiime2 2021.11 into a new conda environment and tell me know it goes?

Can you activate your Qiime2 environment, run these two command, and post the outputs?

conda info

conda list

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.