Phylogenetic tree

Hi,

I have processed my data using qiime2 11.2011. I want to constract a phylogenetic as shown in attached image. could you please suggest which file and tool should i use to constract phylogenetic tree as shown in attached image.

Hi @Yogesh_Gupta,

Your attached image is not actually a phylogenetic tree. Rather it is a UPGMA clustering of samples, where the distances are unweighted UniFrac.

You can get a tree like this via qiime diversity beta-rarefaction. The final tab of the visualization will provide a tree with bootstrap support values. We don’t really have a way to visualize the tree itself to make a pretty picture like you have, but there is a lot of tree drawing software which can help.

1 Like

Thanks a lot,

here is the depth summary of sample:
> summary(depths)

Min. 1st Qu. Median Mean 3rd Qu. Max.

18396 77714 103546 112311 135904 308487

so what sampling depth should I provide and how many --p-iterations and could please suggest the tree drawing software, I tried earlier tree viewer, but it never works.

Thanks
Yogesh

Hi @ebolyen,

I am using below command please suggest if need to change the sample depth and iterations or any other input file:

qiime diversity beta-rarefaction --i-table table.qza --p-metric unweighted_unifrac --p-iterations 100 --p-sampling-depth 18000 --i-phylogeny rooted-tree.qza --output-dir UPGMA_clustering --p-clustering-method upgma --m-metadata-file metadata3.tsv --verbose

Thanks
Yogesh

Thanks for all help. waiting for your response!

Hi @ebolyen,

By using this command visualization.qzv is generated, now please suggest how can I generate the above figure from this file:

and here I used --p-iterations 100 --p-sampling-depth 18000, I am not sure if I used the correct depth figure or not?

qiime diversity beta-rarefaction --i-table table.qza --p-metric unweighted_unifrac --p-iterations 100 --p-sampling-depth 18000 --i-phylogeny rooted-tree.qza --output-dir UPGMA_clustering --p-clustering-method upgma --m-metadata-file metadata3.tsv --verbose

Thanks
Yogesh

Hi @ebolyen,

I have downloaded Newick tree file from qiime2 view and can see the tree on tree viewer. but I am getting bootstrap value in 0.23....0.50... how I can get these in the form of percent like in above figure.

I have attached the Newick tree file.

Thanks
Yogeshsample-clustering-upgma.tre (9.6 KB)

Hi @Yogesh_Gupta — those values are percentages, they are just expressed as a decimal number between zero and one. If you want to format them as percentages, you will need to consult your tree viewer’s documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.