Parkinson's mouse tutorial error in Phred33V2

I am going through the Parkinson’s mouse tutorial using qiime2-2020.2. When I reached the spot to create the ./demux_seqs.qza file, I got the following error: There was a problem importing ./manifest.tsv:
manifest.tsv is not a(n) SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2 file:
Filepath on line 1 and column “absolute-filepath” could not be found ($PWD/demultiplexed_seqs/10483.recip.220.WT.OB1.D7_30_L001_R1_001.fastq.gz) for sample “recip.220.WT.OB1.D7”.

Where is the SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2 file?

Hi @Carol,
Welcome to the QIIME 2 forum!
Your error message is just telling you that there are no sequence files at the locations specified in the manifest. I suspect something small and silly is probably responsible for the error, though it’s hard to tell without more information.

Carefully re-read the Parkinsons mouse tutorial - is there any chance you put the sequence data in a different directory? Or maybe you overlooked the step where you’re supposed to unzip the sequence data? If that’s the case, the manifest will be pointing at file paths that don’t exist - an easy mistake to make in complex analyses.

If this doesn’t fix your situation, please navigate to the directory where your tutorial files are kept, run the ls -la command, and post a screenshot of the directory contents so we can help you figure out what’s going on.

Best,
:chipmunk:CK

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.