Package conflicts causing failure to install and create QIIME 2022.02 environment

I tried installing QIIME 2022.22 as per the installation guidelines but QIIME failed to install and the QIMME-2022.02 environment was not generated. There was a long list of package conflicts generated during the attempted installation process.

I restarted my computer and ran the following commands to ensure the QIIME-2022.2 environment hadn’t been created, and to clean up conda before reattempting the installation process.

$ conda info --envs

$ conda clean --all

I restarted the installation from step 1: updating conda. The second attwmpt ended in failure again due to conflicting packages (very long list).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Luke

Quick update. I successfully installed QIIME2-2021.11. I then followed by re-attempting to install QIIME2-2022.2, but again it failed listing a range of package conflicts.

Hi @lukelikesdrirt,

Thanks for reaching out! This is an issue we are working to resolve today - I'll follow up with you once that's taken care of, and have you try doing a fresh install to confirm things are working on your end. Thanks for your patience!

Hey @lukelikesdrirt,

We believe we've fixed the issue and have a new environment without conflicts.
You should be able to do a fresh install of 2022.2 following the usual instructions, so long as you delete the old environment.yml file and download the latest (which has been updated).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.