--p-default-metric for beta diversity longitudinal analysis

Hi,
I have been performing q2 longitudinal on a metadata that I have and while doing it for the beta diversities I could not figure out what would we enter for --p-metric. In the case of the alpha diversity shannon, metadata tabulate shows us that shannon is the name of the metric and it is considered. But in case of beta diversity like bray curtis the metadata tabulate throws me an error.
The command that I used was:
qiime metadata tabulate --m-input-file bray_curtis_distance_matrix.qza --o-visualization bray_curtis.qzv
The error was:
There was an issue with viewing the artifact jaccard_distance_matrix.qza as QIIME 2 Metadata:

Artifact <artifact: DistanceMatrix uuid: cae2c7cb-6e2d-40a2-9cfb-c2d97ab2d295> cannot be viewed as QIIME 2 Metadata.

So to perform longitudinal analysis for the beta diversity I dont know what is the metric we are supposed to use.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

The problem here is not that you are using the wrong metric. The problem here is that you are using a distance matrix as an input — this is not an appropriate input for this command. You must input either metadata or an artifact that can be interpreted as metadata (e.g., use a PC coordinates artifact, but not the distance matrix).

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.