NotReadableError: The requested file could not be read, typically due to permission problems that have occurred after a reference to a file was acquired

I use scp to get my qza file from server to my desktop for drag and drop .

My samples.qza is 6.7GB
qiime tools peek gives an appropriate description
Why cant i visualize my .qza file?
I keep getting the following error

NotReadableError: The requested file could not be read, typically due to permission problems that have occurred after a reference to a file was acquired.

samples.qza has all the executable permissions.

Hi @Shruti,

To confirm, you are seeing this problem in view.qiime2.org correct?

It is likely that the file is large enough that something between the File API and zip.js step is failing. I don’t really think this is a permission issue, although it is possible.

Could you expand on what browser and version you are using? I should be able to reproduce locally with that information.

All that being said, I wouldn’t recommend using q2view with something that large. I suspect you don’t have much provenance information at this point either, so I would stick with qiime tools peek for very large artifacts instead of loading the entire thing into your browser’s memory (which is what has to happen at the moment due to a limitation in the zip library we use).

Hi
I am using chrome for the viewing. I donot mind sticking to qiime tools peek the only problem being that i need to know the for the sampling depth for core metrics analysis.

Hey @Shruti,

What type is samples.qza exactly?

You need a feature-table before you can explore rarefaction depth (via feature-table summarize), I’m not sure where you are in the process, but either way a .qza means you still need to either run more methods, or run a visualizer to make a .qzv. .qzv’s are much smaller and generally don’t cause issues with q2view.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.