newbie; trying to use SRR data from NCBI

hi all,

I am unable to use fastq files form NCBI SRR database, I failing to even import the data. Most of the files if not all the files I want to work with have have no details on how the were prepared and processed. Is there a way to work around this? or is it pointless to even attempt? or it would be better if I get in touch with the original authors about sharing their raw data?

I am new at working with microbiome data and QIIME.

may you please assist where you can or point me in the direction where I can get help in this front.

Regards
Palesa

1 Like

Good morning Palesa,

Welcome to Qiime 2! :qiime2:

I think this is a great idea. I find people are honored when you reach out to them directly about their research, and hopefully they will be able to share their data and also their methods to analyze it.
(Also NCBI SRA is... old. I don't have much luck with it either.)

Welcome! Have you found the Moving Pictures tutorial? It's a really solid intro to using qiime, and it's a great way to make sure your install is working well before you dive into your own data.

Colin

P.S.

Most of the files if not all the files I want to work with have have no details on how the were prepared and processed.

I know :roll_eyes:. Qiime 2 solves this problem :+1: --> Core concepts — QIIME 2 2019.7.0 documentation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.