Multiple calls to _validate_ in plugin

Hi,

I have a multiple file directory format inheriting from qiime2.plugin.model.DirectoryFormat.
The framework is invoking the _validate_ method twice when I output to this format. I am wondering if this is by design or if I have somehow triggered this by something that I have done?

My _validate_ method is a little bit slow so I am a bit concerned by the multiple invocations !

Could I please get some insight into what might be going on here?

Thank you!

Hi @mroper,

It's hard to say exactly what's happening with your validation method without seeing the construction of your directory format. Can you provide a link to your Github where this is located, or share code blocks that contain your validation method and format construction? You're welcome to send me a private message as well if you don't want to share these publicly yet!

Cheers :lizard:

Hello @lizgehret ,

I continue to have this problem. I have sent you the github link to the application. Can you help please?

Thank you.

Hey @mroper,

I just followed up with you on our other thread. I'm going to unqueue this post so that we can keep our conversations on a single post (just to help me keep things organized on my end) - thanks again for your patience!