Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 workshop, Feb 22-23 2018, Bethesda, MD

This workshop is now sold out! If you’re already registered, we’ll see you in Bethesda! If not, we’ll have information about other upcoming workshops soon.

Members of the QIIME development group, led by Greg Caporaso, will teach a two-day workshop on bioinformatics tools for microbial ecology. The workshop will include lectures covering basic QIIME 2 usage and theory, and hands-on work with QIIME 2 to perform microbiome analysis from raw sequence data through publication-quality statistics and visualizations. This workshop will provide the foundation on which students can begin using these tools to advance their own studies of microbial ecology.

This will be an “open enrollment” workshop focused on QIIME 2. It will be a great way to learn about tools that will put you on the cutting edge of microbiome bioinformatics. You can get additional information about this workshop and register at:
https://faes.org/events/biotech-89-microbiome-bioinformatics-qiime-2-2-day-hands-workshop

Be sure to register soon! Early-bird registration prices end on Dec 31, 2017.

Hope to see you in Bethesda!

3 Likes

An off-topic reply has been split into a new topic: European Workshop Resources?

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

Is there a free QIIME2 seminar? I can fly anywhere in the US from Toronto as long as seminar is free :slight_smile:

Hi @Pseudomonas84,
At the moment we don’t have any free ones planned. Those are hard to do as we have to have support from somewhere to cover our travel, the space we’re using, the Amazon Web Services charges that we incur during the workshop (as the students are typically working on a cloud-based cluster that we spin up for the workshop), plus some other miscellaneous expenses.

I do hope that in 2018 we’ll have some new videos introducing and teaching aspects of QIIME 2 available for free online. It’s also possible that we’ll get some external funding for putting on a free workshop. In either case, we’d post an announcement on the QIIME 2 Forum.

Sorry to not have a more satisfying answer for you - I know these are fairly expensive, especially for students, but the enrollment fees only barely cover our own expenses for running the workshops.

2 Likes