Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2, January 8-10 2020, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA

Hi,

I have two questions.
1/ Is there any format/size required for the poster?

2/I will stay close to the the Bethesda Hotel and I would like to know if it will be possible to take the Bethesda’s shuttle to NIH main campus?

Thank you,
Best,

Isis

Hi @Isis_Guibert! Please contact [email protected] with these questions!

Hi,

I did not receive an email with the confirmation about my participation in the workshop.

I already receive the payment approval.

Regards

Hi @betacristina! Glad to hear you’re coming along, we are really excited for this workshop!

Please contact [email protected] for help with these questions. Thanks!

I will attend the Jan 8-10, 2020 workshop.
I have a question. Because this software is too complicated, for my following data analysis, can I record video for the QIIME2 installation and data analysis or other sections?

Hi @Charlie1, video recordings are not something that we are currently equipped to support or authorize. We will offer two “installation clinics” where we will interactively work with participants to answer their installation questions. Have you reviewed the documentation? We have worked very hard to simplify installation procedures. See you in a few days! :airplane:

2 Likes

Thank you for the info, is there any other upcoming workshops in 2020 apart from this. Thank you.

1 Like

What about some open workshops in Europe? :slight_smile:

Yup would be interesting

Info on workshops (and hosting workshops :thinking:) can be found here:
https://workshops.qiime2.org/

No open workshops are listed yet but we have a few on the radar for 2020 that have yet to officially open… so please keep an eye on that page for updates. Large open wokshops are also announced on this forum (as with this topic).

We do workshops in Europe (and elsewhere globally) as well! (as you can see from that page, 4 workshops were held in Europe in 2019). So if you don’t want to leave the continent, just keep your eyes peeled for updates. :eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Actually I am applying for a grant and the deadline is 31st of January. So was eager to know if there are any up there. I will keep an eye on that though. :slight_smile:

I just received confirmation that I have funding available to attend the QIIME 2 workshop at NIH on January 8th 2020! Woot Woot!!

Oh…darn.

Looking forward to hearing about the next one!

5 Likes

Ah bummer, sorry to hear that… Keep an eye on workshops.qiime2.org, plenty more in the works for later in 2020 and 2021!

Thank you!
I wish to have a Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 workshop at any where in Europ soon.
Thank you!

1 Like

I would like to know if you are planning “Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2” workshops between March and June?
Thank you! :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @dusan, yep! Check out this upcoming workshop, in NYC this June:

https://workshops.qiime2.org/epic-2020/

We are also currently planning a few more NIH/FAES workshops in Maryland - more details to come (watch the workshops.qiime2.org page!).

Thanks, hope to see you at a QIIME 2 Workshop soon!

:qiime2:

1 Like