Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2, January 8-10 2020, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA

Hi @Kpatel, not at this time. We have thought about creating a web-based course, but it is still just a dream. Hope to see you in Maryland!

3 Likes

For those of us who are coming out of town, assuming the first day, 1/8, we would start early in the morning we should travel the 7th and book the hotel from the 7th through the 10th? It looks like the last day is not a full day based on the tentative schedule. thank you
Fernando

1 Like

On the contrary, the 3rd day is usually fully scheduled, but the schedule is TBA to provide some flexibility. The 3rd day usually consists of hands-on analysis and breakout sessions on specific topics in microbiome analysis.

If you plan to depart on the 10th, I recommend leaving after the closing session if possible to make sure you get the most out of the third day of the workshop.

And yes the workshop begins early (8:30 AM) on Jan 8th and security clearance on NIH campus takes some time so if you are coming from out of town definitely arrive the night before.

Nicholas
I am just trying to figure out how many nights should I book the hotel depending on whether I can travel back to NY on the 10th at the end of the day. Or should I book the night of the 10th as well.
thanks
F

NIcholas
thank you
F

Arrive at the latest the night before the first day. I expect there will be flights from DC to NY on the night of the 10th that you could take, just make sure they depart late enough if you do not want to miss any part of day 3 (e.g., 7 or 8pm would probably give you time to finish the workshop, fight DC metro rush-hour traffic, and board your flight, earlier and you may need to duck out a little early, which is fine but I don't know what you might be missing the afternoon of the 10th).

2 Likes

Hi,

I have two questions.
1/ Is there any format/size required for the poster?

2/I will stay close to the the Bethesda Hotel and I would like to know if it will be possible to take the Bethesda’s shuttle to NIH main campus?

Thank you,
Best,

Isis

Hi @Isis_Guibert! Please contact [email protected] with these questions!

Hi,

I did not receive an email with the confirmation about my participation in the workshop.

I already receive the payment approval.

Regards

Hi @betacristina! Glad to hear you’re coming along, we are really excited for this workshop!

Please contact [email protected] for help with these questions. Thanks!

I will attend the Jan 8-10, 2020 workshop.
I have a question. Because this software is too complicated, for my following data analysis, can I record video for the QIIME2 installation and data analysis or other sections?

Hi @Charlie1, video recordings are not something that we are currently equipped to support or authorize. We will offer two “installation clinics” where we will interactively work with participants to answer their installation questions. Have you reviewed the documentation? We have worked very hard to simplify installation procedures. See you in a few days! :airplane:

2 Likes

Thank you for the info, is there any other upcoming workshops in 2020 apart from this. Thank you.

1 Like

What about some open workshops in Europe? :slight_smile:

Yup would be interesting

Info on workshops (and hosting workshops :thinking:) can be found here:
https://workshops.qiime2.org/

No open workshops are listed yet but we have a few on the radar for 2020 that have yet to officially open… so please keep an eye on that page for updates. Large open wokshops are also announced on this forum (as with this topic).

We do workshops in Europe (and elsewhere globally) as well! (as you can see from that page, 4 workshops were held in Europe in 2019). So if you don’t want to leave the continent, just keep your eyes peeled for updates. :eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Actually I am applying for a grant and the deadline is 31st of January. So was eager to know if there are any up there. I will keep an eye on that though. :slight_smile:

I just received confirmation that I have funding available to attend the QIIME 2 workshop at NIH on January 8th 2020! Woot Woot!!

Oh…darn.

Looking forward to hearing about the next one!

5 Likes