Metadata formatting issue

Hi all,

I'm creating a metadata file and having an issue. The error I keep getting is:

"There was an issue with loading the file Metadata.csv as metadata:

Found directive '#q2:types,categorical,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,numeric,categorical,categorical,numeric,categorical,categorical,categorical,categorical,categorical,categorical,numeric,categorical,numeric,numeric' while searching for header. Directives may only appear immediately after the header.

There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here: Metadata in QIIME 2 — QIIME 2 2024.5.0 documentation"

I've validated the file using Keemei and everything looks fine according to that. I've also downloaded example metadata files from the moving pictures tutorial (https://data.qiime2.org/2024.5/tutorials/moving-pictures/sample_metadata.tsv) and have organised mine the same as theirs as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

Hi @Matthewgordon !

There you have the problem. QIIME 2 metadata files are TSV files, and you are using a CSV file.

Try again converting your CSV file to TSV, and if the problem persists we'll be happy to help you further.

Best,

Sergio

Thanks Sergio, have converted the file now and all seems to be working.

Cheers,
Matt