Metadata file doesn't exist

Hi,good evening. I have the same problem, but I work in the right directory with all the input files needed and the metadata file. And the metadata files form is correct, do you have any clue about the reason that is causing this problem? :smiley:Thank you for your time.

There was an issue with loading the file as metadata:
Metadata file path doesn't exist, or the path points to something other than a file. Please check that the path exists, has read permissions, and points to a regular file (not a directory):
There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org
Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here:
Metadata in QIIME 2 — QIIME 2 2019.4.0 documentation

You appear to be running a version of QIIME 2 that is no longer supported - please update to 2020.2 and try this command again.

Hi, sorry it takes me a long time to reply. Thank you for your help! But I have downloaded the newest version of QIIME2, and the mistake stays. :pensive:

Hi @Yangwt - this is a strange issue, I wonder if something is wrong with the file permissions?

This is what the error should look like (notice I'm trying to load a file called foo.tsv, that doesn't actually exist):

Notice how the error message includes the name of the file (foo.tsv)? Yours is completely empty for some reason.

Let's check your file permissions - I noticed that the metadata.tsv file is glowing green in your ls output, which usually indicates something interesting, depending on how you have your system set up.

Please run:

ls -lah

in the directory with your metadata.tsv file - please include the results here.

Thanks!

Thank you again for your help! The reason why the file is green is probably because I have use 'chmod 777 metadata.tsv' to change the permission. Here is the picture:

Hi! I have succeed it just a minutes ago!!! I think it’s because I have copied it somewhere and it just changed the code, but I typed it word by word and it worked! Thank you for help! I really appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.