Meta data file error

Hi,

I saw this was a common issue reported in the forum and the solution was to have a categorical column with non-unique value.

Blockquote

"Metadata does not contain any columns that satisfy this visualizer's requirements. There must be at least one metadata column that contains categorical data, isn't empty, doesn't consist of unique values, and doesn't consist of exactly one value."

Blockquote

However, in my analysis, I don't have the option to group them. Every sample in my analysis is independent in itself and no replicates. I just need to get the diversity plot per sample.

please let me know how to proceed

Hi @Saptarathi_Deb,

Welcome to the :qiime2:forum!

I think this error is most frequently associated with statistical visualizers, which analysis were you working with?

Presumably, you have some kind of groups in your data: disease and healthy, different locations, different ages, sexes, or something. else. If you don't have categorical groupings, that visualizer may not work for you. additionally, if you don't have categorical groupings, you may struggle a lot with statistical analysis.

Best,
Justine

Thank you for the clarification. No, I don’t have any groups in my sample, that’s why visualizer is not working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.