Map to reference

I try to characterize strains of the endosymbiont Wolbachia using the sequences of six conserved genes as molecular markers to genotype a strain.
In my case the endosymbiont is within a flea so i extract the DNA from the fleas and each flea referee as one sample that include all the six genes of the endosmbiont,
I amplified each gene separately using PCR and mix all the six together to one sample that was sequenced using illumina paired end 2X250bp. Now I want to separate each sample by using map to reference so I will get six different file each one include one gene. Afterward I want to look for SNPs within each gene.

Thanks
Ron

Hi @Ron_Flatau,
You can use exclude-seqs to align your representative sequences to a reference and thus split out by gene. This step would be done after you have dereplicated/denoised your data.

I hope that helps!

The representative sequences don’t include all the sequence that I have in my sample. There is a way to align to reference before dereplicated/denoised my data?

Thanks
Ron

Not in QIIME 2. That would be an operation on the raw data, which you can perform prior to importing to QIIME 2.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.