manifest file headers

When I run this code for importing data to qiime2, it appear this message about the manifest file.

qiime tools import 
--type 'SampleData[SequencesWithQuality]' 
--input-path /home/qiime2/new_carriers/manifest 
--output-path single-end-deux.qza 
--input-format SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2
There was a problem importing /home/qiime2/new_carriers/manifest:

/home/qiime2/new_carriers/manifest is not a(n) SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2 file:

'absolute-filepath' is not a column in the metadata. Available columns: 'forward-absolute-filepath', 'reverse-absolute-filepath'

But I have rechecked and my headers are 'forward-absolute-filepath', 'reverse-absolute-filepath' and well spaced with tab, but still it does not work.

Hi @eli0113,

Thanks for including all of your commands and the error message, that is very helpful!

I'd like to call out a specific line in your error message:

You've set the --input-format parameter to SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2 when it sounds like you are working with paired end reads (from your comment regarding 'forward-absolute-filepath' and 'reverse-absolute-filepath').

You can view the list of importable formats by typing in qiime tools import --show-importable-formats. From there, you should be able to find the appropriate format for your data - and you can re-run your import with the correct --input-format included.

Hope this helps! :qiime2: :lizard:

1 Like

I fix the problem! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.