Manifest.csv is not a(n) PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33 file

Hi,

I am having trouble importing my fastq file into QIIME2. My manifest file seem to be correct but I have read about invisible things in the file that can affect things and I do not know how to find the invisible characters.

Can someone help me please?

Here is the code I am using:
qiime tools import
–type ‘SampleData[SequencesWithQuality]’
–input-path /igbgroup/n-z/valizad2/Dissertation_Pilot/Microbiome_Analysis/20181012-PrimerSorted-Manifest.csv
–output-path 20181012-single-end-demux.qza
–input-format SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33

and here is the error:

There was a problem importing /igbgroup/n-z/valizad2/Dissertation_Pilot/Microbiome_Analysis/20181012-PrimerSorted-Manifest.csv:

/igbgroup/n-z/valizad2/Dissertation_Pilot/Microbiome_Analysis/20181012-PrimerSorted-Manifest.csv is not a(n) SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33 file

Hey there @Negin! We need a little more information in order to help you — can you please share your manifest? Feel free to send to me in a private message if you need to keep these data private.

Thanks! :t_rex:

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply. I was able to read in the sequences. I was using the wrong method. This is what I used and it worked. I just had to zip my file first. I am just wondering why we can’t use this method for unzipped files because none of the other methods works for me.

qiime tools import \

–type EMPSingleEndSequences \

–input-path /igbgroup/n-z/valizad2/Dissertation_Pilot/Microbiome_Analysis/Sequences/V4_20181012_sequences/ \

–output-path V4-20181012-emp-single-end-sequences.qza

Good to hear! Glad you figured it out!

The only method that works on unzipped FASTQ files are the manifest formats.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.