Issue with QIIME CLAWBACK

Hi QIIME community,
As I was following this assemble class weights step in the microbiome analysis,I ran into this issue,
can someone let me know how to fix this issue?

This is the command I typed in QIIME 2 2019.7,

qiime clawback sequence-variants-from-samples
–o-sequences inverts-rep-seqs-DBLUR.qza
–i-samples inverts-table-deblur.qza

Extract sequence variants from a feature table, if the feature table
observations are labelled by sequence variant

Inputs:
–i-samples ARTIFACT FeatureTable[Frequency]
[required]
Outputs:
–o-sequences ARTIFACT FeatureData[Sequence]
[required]
Miscellaneous:
–output-dir PATH Output unspecified results to a directory
–verbose / --quiet Display verbose output to stdout and/or stderr
during execution of this action. Or silence output
if execution is successful (silence is golden).
–citations Show citations and exit.
–help Show this message and exit.

There was a problem with the command:                     

(1/1?) no such option: --i–samples Did you mean --i-samples?
(qiime2-2019.7) imelda@fisher:~/q2-output$ nano 11.GGTrainingTaxonomicClassifier.sh
(qiime2-2019.7) imelda@fisher:~/q2-output$ nohup ./11.GGTrainingTaxonomicClassifier.sh > 11.GGTrainingTaxonomicClassifier.log &
[1] 146888
(qiime2-2019.7) imelda@fisher:~/q2-output$ nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout

[1]+ Exit 1 nohup ./11.GGTrainingTaxonomicClassifier.sh > 11.GGTrainingTaxonomicClassifier.log
(qiime2-2019.7) imelda@fisher:~/q2-output$ cat 11.GGTrainingTaxonomicClassifier.log
Plugin error from clawback:

Invalid characters in sequence: [‘0’, ‘1’, ‘3’, ‘4’, ‘5’, ‘6’, ‘7’, ‘8’, ‘9’, ‘a’, ‘b’, ‘c’, ‘d’, ‘e’].
Valid characters: [‘G’, ‘N’, ‘.’, ‘T’, ‘Y’, ‘D’, ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘K’, ‘V’, ‘-’, ‘W’, ‘R’, ‘H’, ‘C’, ‘M’, ‘S’]
Note: Use lowercase if your sequence contains lowercase characters not in the sequence’s alphabet.

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-tpsoax3t.log

Thanks in advance,
Imelda

Hi @Imee19, thanks for your question!

Did you set --p-no-hashed-feature-ids when you ran deblur? (That’s assuming you ran deblur and didn’t download this data from Qiita.)

If not, are you please able to share inverts-table-deblur.qza with me so that I can debug? (Don’t post it directly in the reply unless you’re ok with the world seeing it.)

1 Like