Invalid value for '--i-reference-reads': 'PE-ref-seqs.qza' is not a valid filepath

Dear, I hope you are well. I am trying to do a taxonomic classification of my sequences using a pre-trained classifier (SILVA 138) that I downloaded from the Qiime2 page. I ran the following command:
qiime feature-classifier fit-classifier-naive-bayes
--i-reference-reads PE-ref-seqs.qza
--i-reference-taxonomy silva-138-99-tax-515-806.qza
--o-classifier silva-138-99-515-806-nb-classifier.qza

But I get this error:
Invalid value for '--i-reference-reads': 'PE-ref-seqs.qza' is not a
valid filepath

The three files are in the same folder, when verifying the PE-ref-seqs.qza file it is observed that it is a Qiime2 artifact. So I don't know where the error is, could you help me fix this?

Abjoint the images. I will be very grateful for your help.

Your ls and validate shows:

PE-rep-seqs.qza

Your feature-classifier command used the parameter:

PE-ref-seqz.qza

1 Like

Thank you very much for answering. I corrected the file name, and now I get this error:
Plugin error from feature-classifier:
not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)
Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-ve1_ej50.log

:thinking: I'm not familiar with that error, but I found this response to a user who experienced the same error a few years ago: Plugin error from feature-classifier: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0) - #9 by thermokarst

I'll let someone else respond to any further questions you may have, as I am not as familiar with this process as others on the forums.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.