Installing Qiime2 on Mac

Guys! Please help...

After reading some Qiime2 installing information, I have found this site: Miniconda — Conda documentation.
But, I'm not sure which of the "macOS installers" I should use. I also realize that I have downloaded the Python 3.10.2 software already, so I got confused...

My purpose is to analyze 152 samples of microbiome 16S rDNA sequences obtained using the Ion Torrent platform. There are about 100.000 sequences after trimming processes, which we did by using Geneious 9.0.

Can you help me?
Thanks a lot!

Gecele Paggi

Hello Gecele,

I would recommend this one: MacOSX Miniconda3 MacOSX 64-bit bash

Do you have an Intel Mac or an Apple M1 mac? Here's how you can check:

You will still use the same installer, but there are some extra steps required for Apple M1

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your response.

This is the information/configuration of the Mac I'm using:
Captura de Tela 2022-02-07 às 11.01.56

I was able to download the program, and also star it too, following some guidance from the sites.
Then I've got this:

So, now, I would like to start those plugins for Qiime2. In order to do that, I'm going to study this: Overview of QIIME 2 Plugin Workflows — QIIME 2 2020.6.0 documentation. :grimacing:

So, I believe I will thank you for now... And I will probably get in touch very soon.
Bye!
Gecele

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.