Incomplete display qiime tools view demux.qzv file by Firefox

Hello,

I'm working through the moving pictures tutorial. I can generate and view the demux.qzv file, but the browser is Firefox by default and the display only shows a part of the file. There's a scrollbar so I can see that it's complete. And if I download the directory from /tmp to my laptop, I can load the results with Chrome and they look fine. So I have two work-around solutions (scp -r and q2view), but if there's a way to resolve the display, I'd like to implement it.

Thanks.

Hi @Hilary_Morrison!

That is really weird. What version of Firefox (Menu Bar > Help > About Firefox) and OS are you using?

It looks to me like the iframe isn’t expanding like it should be (what you have in that screenshot is roughly what the default height of an iframe is).

Do you get this same behavior in q2view with the same Firefox?

When you run qiime tools view with Firefox, what, if any, errors do you see in the developer console (Menu Bar > Tools > Web Developer > Web Console; if your version of Firefox roughly matches mine)? If you see any red text in that web-console pane, a screenshot of it would be super helpful.

Mozilla Firefox 45.4.0
CentOS 7.2 12*48

Haven't tried q2view from bioware machine/xwindow session.
You may see this behavior at STAMPS course or I can show you.

Firefox on my laptop is 54.0.1 (64-bit) and I'm running OSX Yosemite.

That would make things very easy. Let's coordinate on a DM, or you can just come grab me whenever in person.

Just to follow up here, we weren’t able to figure out why, but qiime tools view and the version of Firefox over X11 forwarding seems to behave strangely with iframes. I don’t think there is much we can really do here as it is a browser/protocol situation not something q2cli or q2templates can really prevent/fix.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.