Importing the demultiplexed merged data

Ah, sorry to hear that! Is there something specific that doesn't make sense here?

I think there might be a misunderstanding here --- no such requirement exists here! This actually ties into my post above --- the import process depends on you telling QIIME 2 where to find files. This happens in two place. First, you tell QIIME 2 where your manifest file is (--input-path), then, inside the manifest file you tell QIIME 2 where to find the individual files necessary for import (there are the entries under the column absolute-filepath). Again, you have to be explicit here, and this really is just the nature of computing (that is, it isn't a problem specific to or unique to QIIME 2).

I took a quick read through your commands above:

you are specifying the wrong source format for working with a manfiest file --- this should be --source-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33, CasavaOneEightSingleLanePerSampleDirFmt is an entirely different format.

It sounds like you maybe haven't had a chance to review the Importing data tutorial yet - I highly recommend it.

Hope that helps! :qiime2: :t_rex:

2 Likes