importing paired FASTQ file into qiime had errors. any help?

I ran it in terminal, I'm sure it'll work now it was the quotation marks.

1 Like

but at least we dont get the folder path error anymore.

which qoutation so I remove? as it still did not run qiime tools import --type ‘SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]’ --input-path /Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest --output-path /Users/hebahussein/Desktop/paired-end-demux.qza --input-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred64V2

Error: Detected invalid character in: ‘SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]’

Verify the correct quotes or dashes (ASCII) are being used.

I think it is because the small ' ' marks are being changed to non-ascii marks.

copy the command in this text file.

copy this into terminal.txt (227 Bytes)

And run it.

To avoid this, you can copy the command into a text file that is in "plain text" and then copy it into terminal. OR you can write the whole command in terminal to avoid this. Ben

1 Like

I can see you still have single qoutation ’ '. no change but I tried both with and without and still
qiime tools import --type ‘SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]’ --input-path /Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest --output-path /Users/hebahussein/Desktop/paired-end-demux.qza --input-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred64V2

There was a problem importing /Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest:

/Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest is not a file.

Ok, change this line in that text file from:

/Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest

to:

/Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest/6manifest.txt

And re-run the entire command with this new line. Ben

1 Like

so I think the problem in the metadata now
or easier; I change the names of columns in the manifest

There was a problem importing /Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest/6manifest.txt:

/Users/hebahussein/Desktop/manifest/6manifest.txt is not a(n) PairedEndFastqManifestPhred64V2 file:

’forward-absolute-filepath’ is not a column in the metadata. Available columns: ‘Forward’, 'Reverse’

1 Like

rename the column

Forward to forward-absolute-filepath
Reverse to reverse-absolute-filepath

Then rerun! Ben

1 Like

wow we both had the same idea

1 Like

No this was my fault, I didn’t look up what we needed to name the columns in the manifest. Ben

2 Likes

at least it started to read files now. That is a progress

1 Like

we did it. it started running but there was a bugFile “//miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skbio/io/registry.py”, line 506, in read
return (x for x in itertools.chain([next(gen)], gen))
File “//miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skbio/io/registry.py”, line 531, in _read_gen
yield from reader(file, **kwargs)
File “//miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skbio/io/registry.py”, line 1008, in wrapped_reader
yield from reader_function(fhs[-1], **kwargs)
File “//miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skbio/io/format/fastq.py”, line 354, in _fastq_to_generator
qual_header)
File “//miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skbio/io/format/fastq.py”, line 523, in _parse_quality_scores
phred_offset=phred_offset))
File “//miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/skbio/io/format/_base.py”, line 35, in _decode_qual_to_phred
% (phred_range[0], phred_range[1]))
ValueError: Decoded Phred score is out of range [0, 62].

An unexpected error has occurred:

Decoded Phred score is out of range [0, 62].

See above for debug info.

2 Likes

Change PairedEndFastqManifestPhred64V2 to

PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33V2

Then rerun

1 Like

wooow we did it

1 Like

thanks a lot for your help. now how to visualize?
I am excited to see it56%20PM

1 Like

That, you’re going to have to dig around a bit, I have a procedure to do tomorrow AM so I must sleep. Ben

3 Likes

thanks a lot for your help. At least we imported the file. I will do the search

2 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Demux and visualization of data

A post was merged into an existing topic: Demux and visualization of data

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.