Importing EMP Single End Sequences with Error

Hello Everyone!!

I've been using Qiime2 for over a year now. Currently, I have some multiplexed single end sequences are giving me issues while attempting to import into Qiime2. I've tried going through the forum but I don't think I'm finding what I need. I'm using a Virtual Machine to run Qiime2.2019-4.

The following is the command I used:

qiime tools import --type EMPSingleEndSequences --input-path '/home/qiime2/Documents/Final/19Data/qiime2/emp-single-end-sequences/' --output-path '/home/qiime2/Documents/Final/19Data/Qiimedocs/empsingleend.qza'
This is the error msg I'm getting:

"There was a problem importing /home/qiime2/Documents/Final/19Data/qiime2/emp-single-end-sequences/:

/home/qiime2/Documents/Final/19Data/qiime2/emp-single-end-sequences/barcodes.fastq.gz is not a(n) FastqGzFormat file:

Missing sequence for record beginning on line 5"

barcodes.fastq.gz (5.6 MB)

Sequences.fastq.gz link is below.

I'm assuming that the mapping file/metadata file is what is giving me the most problems. Seems like the tab data isn't lined up? Or do you think its something with the barcode file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi there @kayleecastle!

No, the metadata file isn't at fault here, its the barcodes.fastq.gz:

Looks like you're missing any barcode sequence info. How was this file produced? I suggest you go back and review that production process.

:qiime2:

1 Like

Thank you for taking a look!!
The sequencing company did have some serious issues with our samples & I’ve contacted them for additional assistance!!

TY!

1 Like