How to import demultiplexed paired-end reads?

I guess so. I am totally new to Qiime world. So right now my data is: Each sample I have one forward.fastq and one reverse.fastq file; for whole sample, I have one forward index.fastq and one reverse index.fastq. In this case, could you please let me know how to turn these files to artifacts? Thank you very much!

Hi @savan,

I can’t remember if the functionality you would need to import that type is available in qiime2 yet or not. Someone can comment if it is…

However, I had a similar dataset a while back which I was only able to import into qiime2 by first going through qiime1’s extract_barcodes.py, as explained in more detail in this thread.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hello Sevan,

If all the samples are already in separate files, you don’t even need the barcodes. You can just import all your samples using the fastq-manifest-format

If you get stuck, you can post the full command you ran and any output it made, and we can help you get started.

Good luck!
Colin

2 Likes

Oops. It looks like I read the original question wrong, for some reason I thought there were a total of 4 multiplexed files (F-sequences, R-sequences, F-indexes, and R-indexes). @colinbrislawn’s directions are absolutely correct, thanks for the catch Colin! My apologies if I sent you on a wild goose chase!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.