How to create a manifest file????

Hello,
I'm new to QIIME and am trying to use it to analyze my 16s rRNA sequencing data. I tried the general instructions laid out for importing data onto qiime but it's giving me an error. So I read on the forum that I could create a manifest file. The problem is I don't know how to create a manifest file. I'd really appreciate it if someone could please help me, on how to create a manifest file. I have my data in fastq format. I have 3 files in total, one with barcodes, and 2 for the forward and reverse sequences. I've tried both EMPpaired end sequence protocol, and the mutiplexed code as well but nothing seems to be working.

1 Like

Hello Yavnika,

We have a guide over here:
https://docs.qiime2.org/2021.8/tutorials/importing/#fastq-manifest-formats

For some reason, our tutorials often do not show up on Google. :crying_cat_face: You can find a full list of them over here: Tutorials — QIIME 2 2021.8.0 documentation

1 Like

An off-topic reply has been split into a new topic: emp demultiplexing: No sequences were mapped to samples

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.